Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thought Provoking Quotes...

I'm feeling sort of philosophical today. Here are some of my favorite thought provoking quotes:

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. ~Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky? ~Stanislaw J. Lec

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. ~Henri Louis Bergson


Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

You can see a lot by just looking. ~Yogi Berra

"You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise."
- Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


Please comment and add your own :)
More later!
Miriam

4 comments:

Brittney said...

better to let people think you a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I don't know who said it, I think I read a version of it by abraham lincoln. My dad use to say it to me all the time when he didn't like what I said.

Becca's Bologna said...

"Weather can't happen in an egg' - Rebecca Clark haha you never said i cant add my own quote. haha i dont even know what it means i just said it lol.. But i love your blog! your amazing! your the best! i need MORE!
DAWG FACE!!! loling haha I LOVE YOU!

Grammy said...

Great post! My favorite quotes come from movies, especially Steel Magnolias. "I promise that my own personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair." "I have a strict philosophy: No one is allowed to cry alone in my presence." And then there are some that probably should not be posted on your blog. hee hee

Anonymous said...

here's one for you
"do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda
lol