Thursday, December 18, 2008

Best Christmas! :)

Okay, I've decided to listen to Brother Sharp (for once ;)) and write about my best Christmas.

When I was in 4th grade, (2002 I think) I was bombarded with people telling me Santa wasn't real. Being a very curious person, I wanted to know if it was true! So... I came up with a brilliant plan.

I decided that I would choose a gift that I wanted more than anything in the world, and I wouldn't tell anyone. If Santa was really magic, then he could get it for me.

My wish was for Santa to bring me an American Girl Weaving Set with Josefina.
(For those of you who don't know, Josefina was a Mexican doll who was awesome :))

For the next few weeks, my secret bubbled inside me. I didn't tell my friends, or my parents, or my brother and sisters. I just hoped and prayed that Santa would bring me that Weaving Set.

On Christmas Eve, I hung up my stocking, put out extra cookies and milk, and got into bed. With it being Christmas and all, "visions of sugarplums danced in my head."

Being a little person, I woke up at every hour of the night, and finally got up at 5:45. I woke up my mother (and the whole rest of the house with her) and RAN to the living room.....

And sitting there was my Josefina and her weaving set!!!!! I seriously was so excited I almost burst.

Because of my Christmas miracle, there was no doubt in my mind that Santa was real. Even now that I have grown older, the Christmas spirit lives inside me. This season is such a happy time, I cant stand to be unhappy. I hope everyone can have their own Christmas miracle this year.

More later!

Miriam :)

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Miriam, I have ALWAYS loved Santa. I'm so glad that you get it. It's an amazing thing . . . that spirit of giving. Thanks for being you!

Chase Brown said...

haha :) thats cute ;)

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

Yes! Thanks Miriam!

Feelin' a little blue and just read this. Thanks for lifting my spirits!