Monday, December 15, 2008

Blogging?

Hey whats up? (:

I've never done this whole blogging thing before, but i thought I'd give it a try.

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head that you didn't remember the lyrics to? And it drives you crazy, right? Well today I found myself walking around school humming a primary song that I hadn't heard in AGES. So when I came home from school, I looked it up. These were the lyrics:

"I Wonder When He Comes Again"
By Mirla Greenwood Thayne

I wonder when He comes again,
Will herald angels sing?
Will earth be white with drifted snow,
or will the world know spring?

I wonder if one star will shine
far brighter than the rest;
Will daylight stay the whole night through?
Will songbirds leave their nests?

I'm sure He'll call His little ones
Together round His knee,
Because He said in days gone by,
"Suffer them to come to me."

I wonder when He comes again,
Will I be ready there
To look upon His face
And join with Him in prayer?

Each day I'll try to do His will
And let my light so shine
That others seeing me will seek
For greater light divine.

When that blessed day is here,
He'll love me and He'll say,
"You've served me well my little child;
Come into my arms to stay."

I wonder when He comes again,
Will all the nations bring
Their children to His waiting arms
To hear the angels sing?

And as they heed His loving voice,
And seek His outstretched hands,
Will children of the world rejoice
To finally understand:

That only, as we do His will
Can happiness increase.
That love, alone, can make this world
A haven of His peace?

I think that is one of the most powerful primary songs I've ever known. I think its really amazing to teach young children to be so Christ-like. So now I know all the words. :)

More later!

Miriam :)

6 comments:

Chase Brown said...

hey sup :)

Chause

Becca's Bologna said...

haha nice i like it! your an awesome blogger! im ready for more. i like that primary song too.

Grammy said...

That is one of my favorite Primary songs also! You are one remarkable young lady. I have never seen those last three verses. We always ended with the "come into my arms to stay." I love it!

Brittney said...

and you didn't tell me you had a blog because???????

Brittney said...

honesty its all about honesty.

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

M - as in secret agent M in Her Majesty's Secret Service, for Miriam.

Well done sister!

Your blog ROCKS...and as usual Sartori is right on the money!

BTW - getting a song stuck in your head is called getting an ear-worm/earwormed.

I've been victim to the perseverating sounds of popcorn popping...ahhhh...there it goes again!